Adopt from TNR Utopia
We will review your survey responses and contact you (usually within 48 hours, via email). The next step (for survey's that are accepted) is an invitation to meet the cats / kittens we have available for adoption. During this time we also check vet and personal references. Finally, if the adoption is approved, we deliver the cat(s) to you! If you have any questions you may contact us at any time.
Our Adoption Process
- All potential adopters must complete our online adoption application which collects information used to ensure a perfect match for both you and any new pet.
- After reviewing each adoption survey you will be contacted by us with next steps which includes further conversations about adopting and to schedule a time for you to come meet the cats/kittens.
- Vet and personal references are contacted.
- Upon agreement to adopt we deliver all cats/kittens to your home.
- We require all adopters to sign our adoption contract.
- There is a $125 adoption fee per cat or kitten.
• All currently-owned and/or recently-owned cats must be spayed/neutered.
• Declawing of ANY adopted animals is strictly prohibited. Please read more about what declawing a cat entails; it is a painful surgical procedure that has been outlawed as animal cruelty in many other countries. If you wish to declaw a cat we ask that you go elsewhere to adopt.
• If you still live with your parent/legal guardian, he or she must fill out this adoption survey.
• This is not a one-step process. We want to make sure the adoption is a great match for everyone involved.
Included in our $125 adoption fee:
- Spay/ Neuter (including belly tattoo)
- Rabies vaccine (age permitting)
- Cat (FVRCP) vaccines
- SNAP test for Feline leukemia virus (FeLV) / Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Medical documentation of all performed procedures.
Optional Services [if adopting BEFORE spay/neuter]
- Microchip - $20
TNR Utopia uses ShelterLuv shelter management software to track and manage all of the cats that enter our care. This includes community cats for TNR and friendly cats and kittens available for adoption. Shelterluv makes it easier for adopters to find available animals, to apply to adopt or foster, and more! All without printing out forests full of paper. Show them some luv over at www.shelterluv.com.