Adopt from TNR Utopia
We will review your survey responses and contact you (usually via email). The next step (for survey's that are accepted) is an invitation to meet the cats / kittens we have available for adoption. During this time we also check vet and personal references. Finally, if the adoption is approved, we deliver the cat(s) to you! If you have any questions you may contact us at any time.
A NOTE ABOUT KITTEN ADOPTIONS
Kittens, less than 6 months old, must be adopted in pairs. A signal kitten may be adopted into a home with a young and active resident cat. Why should kittens be adopted in pairs?
Our Adoption Process
- All potential adopters must complete our online adoption application which collects information used to ensure a perfect match for both you and any new pet.
- After reviewing each adoption survey you will be contacted by us with next steps which includes further conversations about adopting and to schedule a time for you to come meet the cats/kittens.
- Vet and personal references are contacted.
- Upon agreement to adopt we deliver all cats/kittens to your home.
- We require all adopters to sign our adoption contract.
- There is a $125 adoption fee per cat or kitten.
- All currently-owned and/or recently-owned cats must be spayed/neutered.
- Declawing of ANY adopted animals is strictly prohibited. Please read more about what declawing a cat entails; it is a painful surgical procedure that has been outlawed as animal cruelty in many other countries. If you wish to declaw a cat we ask that you go elsewhere to adopt.
- If you still live with your parent/legal guardian, he or she must fill out the adoption application.
- This is not a one-step process. We want to make sure the adoption is a great match for everyone involved.
- Kittens, less than 6 months old, must be adopted in pairs. A signal kitten may be adopted into a home with a young and active resident cat.
Included in our $125 adoption fee:
- Spay/ Neuter (including belly tattoo);
- Rabies vaccine (age permitting);
- Cat (FVRCP) vaccines;
- SNAP test for Feline leukemia virus (FeLV) / Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV);
- Medical documentation of all performed procedures.
- I am 18 years of age or older and have provided my present address, and I own my home or have landlord consent to adopt this animal.
- Cats are to live in-doors, in a private residence as companion animals.
- I agree to provide this animal with adequate food and fresh water, shelter from the elements, daily exercise and kind treatment at all times.
- Never to have the cat declawed.
- Spaying or neutering is required by five months of age. If cat is not spayed or neutered prior to adoption, proof of surgery must be mailed to the original caregiver within 30 days of the procedure.
- It is recommended by the original caregiver (TNR Utopia Inc) that your cat be taken to the vet for a complete checkup, including fecal sample, within 30 days of adoption. The adopter agrees to provide proper veterinary care for the cat which includes regular annual vaccinations, flea and tick prevention, and to comply with New York state law regarding vaccination against rabies. The adopter is responsible for all veterinary costs after adoption.
- To give the original caregiver visitation rights to ensure that the terms of this adoption agreement are being observed.
- I agree not to give away, sell or trade this animal, nor will I take this animal to a shelter or otherwise abandon it. I agree to contact this rescue immediately if I can no longer care for or keep this animal. I will allow the original caregiver 72 hours to arrange for appropriate placement of the cat.
- I understand that failure to perform the foregoing agreement will constitute a breach of contract. In the event of any such breach of contract, I authorize the original caregiver to reclaim possession of the adopted cat.
TNR Utopia uses ShelterLuv shelter management software to track and manage all of the cats that enter our care. This includes community cats for TNR and friendly cats and kittens available for adoption. Shelterluv makes it easier for adopters to find available animals, to apply to adopt or foster, and more! All without printing out forests full of paper. Show them some luv over at www.shelterluv.com.