Foster for TNR Utopia
Open your home (and heart)
Become a TNR Utopia Foster Partner!
One of the biggest ways you can help any rescue organization is by fostering an animal before they are adopted into a forever home.
There are many reasons a cat might need foster care. Some of the most common include:
- A rescue group doesn’t have a physical shelter and depends on foster homes to care for cats until suitable homes are found.
- A kitten is too young to be adopted and needs a safe place to stay until he or she is old enough to go to a forever home.
- A cat is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- A cat is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding in the shelter.
- A cat has not lived in a home before or has not had much contact with people and needs to be socialized.
If you believe fostering is right for you please complete our Foster Partner Application. Once complete we will contact you, via email or phone, with next steps. The more fosters we have, the more cats we can save!
About the TNR Utopia Foster Program
- We prefer that Foster Partners live in our area (Flushing, Whitestone, Bayside or College Point) but we don't mind traveling to other parts of Queens for great fosters!
- We ask that Foster Partners provide supplies for the cat including litter box, litter, good quality wet and dry cat food, scratcher and toys. By providing these supplies, you help TNR UTOPIA save more lives by focusing our donations on covering the medical needs of the cats. Items purchased for consumption and use by foster cats may be tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- TNR UTOPIA will provide proper medical care to all TNR Utopia foster cats, at our cost, when we refer you to our veterinarian for a pre-approved visits.