2018 - Outcome Statistics
TNR Utopia had our best year yet by helping the most community cats, kittens and pets than ever before! In 2018 we helped 389 animals which included 2 dogs.
Of the 389 animals:
- 218 were returned to their outdoor homes after spay/neuter and vaccinations as part of TNR projects. [56.04%]
- 41 were friendly and adopted out by TNR Utopia. [10.54%]
- 85 were transferred to outside partner organizations for adoption. [21.85%]
- 33 were pets returned to their owner after spay/neuter services. [8.48%]
- 99.29% life saving in 2018.
- 2 cats died in care. [0.51%]
- 1 cat was euthanized in care. [0.26%]
- 9 cats ended 2018 still in TNR Utopia's care pending adoption. [2.31%]
- 3 were ready for adoption. [0.77%]
- 4 were in care and under welfare assessment (including Misty). [1.03%]
- 2 were in foster care pending adoption. [0.51%]
A note about record keeping: on June 25, 2018 TNR Utopia began the transition to shelter management software, ShelterLuv, to manage all animals that enter our care. Animal record keeping greatly improved following this transition and will continue to be more accurate in 2019, all thanks to ShelterLuv!
2018 - Intake Statistics
Lot's of people ask us, "Where do your cats come from?" Our animal intake summary for 2018 helps answer this question. TNR Utopia had our best year yet by helping the most community cats, kittens and pets than ever before! In 2018 we helped 389 animals which included 2 dogs. 80% of of the animals we helped in 2018 came from our community.
Of the 389 animals:
- 313 were found on the street living as community cats. This number includes feral cats returned to their outdoor home as part of TNR and kittens that were able to be socialized for adoption. [80.46%]
- 36 were stray cats or kittens (community cats not feral and already socialized to humans) who were adoptable. [9.25%]
- 5 kittens were transferred into TNR Utopia from a partner organization, for fostering. [1.29%]
- 2 cats were surrendered to TNR Utopia by their owners. [0.51%]
- 33 pet animals were helped by TNR Utopia with low cost spay/neuter services. [8.48%]
2017 - Outcome Statistics
In 2017 TNR Utopia assisted (including spayed/neutered, medical care and placement) 283 cats and kittens. Of the 283 cats, 198 were feral cats returned to colonies as part of TNR projects. 29 were friendly cats and kittens adopted into homes directly by TNR Utopia. 49 were friendly cats and kittens adopted into homes after being transferred to partner adoption programs . 7 were pet cats we helped provide spay/neuter and vaccination services only. 100% life saving in 2017. No cats were euthanized.
2016 - Outcome Statistics
In 2016 TNR Utopia spayed/neutered 64 cats and kittens. Of the 64, 39 were feral cats returned to colonies as part of TNR projects. 25 were friendly cats or kittens adopted into homes. 1 cat (feral) was euthanized due to the discovery of a fatal wound at the time of spay. 98% life saving in 2016.